1. Albert 1er (2 Michelin Stars)38 rte du Bouchet, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 05 09 | The most refined culinary experience in the ski resort not only serves morsels of heaven but also offers views that make you feel youÂ´ve actually entered it. The price will make you land back on planet Earth but the food is so good that you will open your wallet gladly. Closed all day on Wednesdays and during lunchtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Top tip: Order the Â´Maison de SavoieÂ´ menu alongside a selection of wines and enjoy a free night at the Albert 1er hotel in a double room! Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights only.
2. Le Bistrot (Gourmet)151 avenue de lÂ´Aiguille-du-Midi, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 57 64 | Fabulous gourmet restaurant serving innovative modern cuisine mixed with traditional flavours in an elegant environment that sweeps you off your feet. They offer an affordable daily specials menu (â‚¬21 - â‚¬35) and an Ã la carte menu.
Top tip: Perfect even if you are travelling with kids. The childrenÂ´s menu includes a main course and a dessert and is almost inexpensive, only â‚¬15. It is only available for kids under 12 though.
3. Le Panier des 4 Saisons (Traditional)262 rue Docteur Paccard, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 98 77 | Hidden away in a little alley, this restaurant is the ideal place for a quiet night out or a romantic celebration. Their delicious menu features traditional dishes with a creative twist as well as regional wines. All dishes are prepared with fresh local products, allowing you to taste the region in each bite. Only open for dinner (from 7pm onwards).
Top tip: Make sure to leave some room for dessert then, the hot chocolate soufflÃ© served with pistachio ice cream is an absolute must if you have a sweet tooth!
4. La Bergerie de Plan-Praz (Mountain Hut)TÃ©lÃ©cabine du BrÃ©vent, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 05 42 | Perfect for those of you who donÂ´t want to leave the slopes to enjoy great food. Awarded the prestigious MaÃ®tre Restaurateur, its dishes offer delicious local products from nearby farmers and cooperatives from the 2 Savoies. ItÂ´s very popular for its south facing terrace with views of the nearby Mont Blanc so booking is highly recommended.
Top tip: Nothing at 2000m of altitude comes as tastier as the entrecote Â´simmentalÂ´. You can choose it from the Ã la carte menu (â‚¬24) or opt for the Menu de la Bergerie (â‚¬38) instead.
5. Chez Constant (French Bistro)24 Avenue Ravanel le Rouge, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 96 74 | French brasserie with charming Alpine dÃ©cor and even charmer staff. Enjoy 2 or 3 dishes lunches (from â‚¬19) or pick a mountain specialty from the Ã la carte menu. Even young gourmands under 10 can treat themselves to delicious bistronomy with the hearty childrenÂ´s menu.
Top tip: Their fondues are amazing. There is one with three different types of cheese, one with mushrooms, and one with sparkling white wine. All of them are served with dried meats and salad and must be for a minimum of 2 persons.
6. Le 3842 (Fine Dining & Views)Sommet de lâ€™Aiguille du Midi, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 55 82 23 | Located on the very top of lâ€™Aiguille du Midi, this is one of the highest restaurants in Europe and the best in Chamonix to enjoy local flavours amidst spectacular, uninterrupted views of the Mont Blanc and Chamonix valley. Lunch menus start from â‚¬32. It only seats thirty people so be sure to book in advance. Early closing.
Top tip: If you forget to book a table, you can enjoy a lighter lunch at the cafeteria Â´Summit 3842Â´. They offer hot and cold sandwiches, homemade soups, burgers and of course perfect views! Prices are very reasonable given the location (â‚¬7,30 - â‚¬19,90)
7. LÂ´Impossible (Organic)9 chemin du Cry, 74400 Chamonix Mont- Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 20 36 | This Italian restaurant is ideally set in a renovated farmhouse and takes pride in serving original recipes made with organic produce. Pasta, bread and pastries are all homemade â€“ in the traditional Italian way â€“ and their vegetarian menu is one of the best in the area. If that werenÂ´t enough, many of their dishes are gluten free and/or dairy free.
Top tip: If you order the pasta and fall completely in love with it you can learn to prepare it from scratch with one of their cooking courses. They last 3 hours, cost â‚¬90, and are a great alternative if you are not a skier.
8. La Maison Carrier (Authentic)44 route du Bouchet, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 53 00 03 | To step inside this authentic Savoyard farmhouse is to step back in time. The interior boasts antique Alpine furnishing and decoration that makes you feel immediately at home and the echo of the crackling Savoyard fireplace warms your insides before traditional flavour-rich delicacies get to your table. Perfect for a romantic meal or a relaxed dinner with friends. Closed on Mondays.
Top tip: They offer 4 different types of menus (from as little as â‚¬20), as well as a childrenÂ´s menu (for kids aged 8 or under) but please note that they are served only from 12am to 2pm and from Tuesday to Saturday.
9. La TÃ©lÃ©cabine (Savoyard)27 rue de la Tour, 74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc +33 (0) 450 47 04 66 | Ideally located in the heart of Chamonix, behind the casino, this is the perfect place to kick off the night. They have a good selection of traditional dishes and meats, and menus start from as little as â‚¬21! The Ã la carte menu offers great options for gourmands without the prohibitive prices. The atmosphere is modern yet cosy and there is also a large sunny outdoor terrace.
Top tip: Skip the menus and order a few tapas and some wine instead. They serve Spanish Ham â€œPata Negraâ€ and â€œBellotaâ€, oysters, and calamari amongst other culinary delights!