Enjoy the magic and wonder of Christmas in the capital of the United Kingdom with your loved one, with our exclusive guide to the most romantic things to do this festive season.
1. A Private Capsule on the London EyeEnjoy the breath-taking sight of London at Christmas time with a romantic flight, in a private capsule on the London Eye.
From 135 metres above the city, you will get a fantastic view of the spectacular city Christmas lights and the chance to enjoy champagne and chocolates and feel thoroughly Christmassy.
Prices start from £380.00
2. Visit Christmas at Kew Gardens
Take a wander in a winter wonderland in the magical surroundings of Kew Gardens this Christmas. A bursting festive programme welcomes all members of the family, and this year, Kew will offer a brand new trail to celebrate the holidays. Enjoy a magical atmosphere as the gardens come alive under coloured laser beams, and all the festive treats your heart could desire; from roasted chestnuts, to hot chocolate and mulled wine. Even Santa and his elves will be making an appearance in the popular North Pole Village!
From Wednesday 23 November 2016 to Monday 2 January 2017 (not open on 28, 29 November, 5, 6, 12, 13, 24 and 25 December 2016)
If bought in advance, tickets are just £10 for children (4-16 years old) and £18 for adults.
3. Warm Up With Hot ChocolateWhen the weather is cold outside, warm yourself up by indulging in a delicious cup of hot chocolate at Choccywoccydoodah just off Carnaby St. For a thoroughly decadent experience, savour their delicious signature mix of cocoa, cocoa butter, vanilla and lots of hot milk.
No mere café, the adjoining shop is something of a temple to connoisseur chocolate: the selection of festive goodies are delicately crafted by a dedicated team of artists, designers and chocolatiers and the display is breathtakingly beautiful.
Open from 10am to 7pm from Monday to Saturday and from 12pm to 6pm on Sunday
4. Skate at Somerset House with Fortnum & Mason
Wrap up warm and hit the ice together with a session of skating in the magical atmosphere at Somerset House.
The glittering sight of the Christmas tree and the happy buzz coming from the rink-side bars are part of a unique London tradition that‘s certain to get you in the festive mood.
Round off the skating with mulled wine and mince pies, guaranteed to leave you feeling warm and tingly on the inside, even if you can’t feel your nose!
For a romantic addition, pay a visit to this year´s Alpine-themed Fortnum´s Lodge and enjoy delicious Skate Extras including champagne & chocolate truffles, or a fondue for two.
From 17 November 2016 to 15 January 2017
5. Festive Afternoon Tea at Café RoyalTake a break at the Café Royal hotel with their Festive Afternoon Tea. Tuck into a sumptuously prepared afternoon tea that includes delicate sandwiches, traditional scones and festive treats like mini mince pies and Christmas cake.
Round it off with a glass of champagne or an All I Want for Christmas Cocktail for an extra delicious treat in the cosy surroundings of the Café Royal Ten Room.