7. Suite 100, The Dolder Grand ZurichSuite 100 is a luxury suite with a hefty dash of rock-n-roll attitude. Inspired by the Club 100 in London, this swaggering accommodation is as unconventional as it is extravagant, with a striking black and pink colour scheme reminiscent of the Swinging Sixties and stylishly retro furniture. However, you won’t forget you’re in Zurich, thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows that offer sweeping views of the lake and the Alps from the Dolder’s eagle-eye view from the hills above Zurich. This spacious suite has excellent facilities, include a meeting room if you’re in town on business, and certainly, spending the night here is likely to make business trips a whole lot more fun.
Suits you if: you think luxury doesn’t need to be classic
Price: CHF 5.500 per night
But that‘s just the beginning of where your salary could go...
6. Royal Suite, Hotel Adlon Kempinski BerlinThe Hotel Adlon is Berlin’s iconic hotel near the Brandenburg Gate. Countless European royals and celebrities from around the world have called it home for the night, and the luxurious trappings conceal bomb-proof masonry and bulletproof windows to help you sleep easy. The two-bedroomed suited has a private sauna, fitness room and jacuzzi, as well as the attentive services of a butler who is available to guests any time day or night.
Suits you if: you want to live like a Cold War James Bond
Price: €15 000 per night.
It‘s worth it for the bulletproofing but read on to see what even more money can buy...
5. La Suite Shangri-La , Shangri-La Hotel ParisThis incredible suite is the pinnacle of accommodation in the City of Light. Located on the seventh floor of one of the most exclusive hotels in Paris, La Suite Shangri-La offers a sprawling 220 sqm of pure luxury, including a private terrace that stretches for 100 sqm. The Eiffel Tower is your next door neighbour, and few hotels in the city can boast such impressive views of this iconic monument and the historic skyline of the Seine bridges. The suite is designed in a sophisticated modern style by Pierre-Yves Rochon, and contains numerous fixtures and fittings that elevate it to an incredible standard of comfort.
Suits you if: You want the romance of Paris without the mass-market viewpoint
Price: circa €16 000 per night
Money well spent for the view, but the suites get even more expensive...
4. Furka Suite, The Chedi AndermattThe Chedi is design-centric hotel that has rejuvenated the concept of Swiss alpine luxury, and the Furka Suite is a reflection of the architectural inspiration that allowed for such a bold reinvention of the traditional mountain hotel. This one-of-a-kind contemporary Swiss chalet confers penthouse views over the majestic Saint-Gotthard Massif Mountains to the legendary 2,429 metre high Furka Mountain Pass. The suite is ridiculously luxurious: twice the size of other suites in the hotel, the smooth natural stone, warm woods and decadent plush décor extends invitingly over two levels. Perfect for families, the suite has everything you need for a mountain vacation: a cosy fireplace, a grand dining room and a personal spa with steam bath, sauna and jacuzzi to soothe your aches and pains.
Suits you if: You love the mountains, but don’t like the concept of “rustic”
Price: From 18.000 CHF per night
An extravagant choice of ski accommodation, but believe it or not, you can spend even more...
3. The Apartment at Cheval Blanc CourchevelThis incredible design hotel would easily be at home in a sophisticated European capital, but instead has raised the standard of luxury accommodation in the glamourous French Alps resort of Courchevel. The Apartment is an exclusive penthouse that makes clever use of space to offer lavish private living areas, incredible suites, a private treatment room and a fitness room as well as plenty of rooms for entertaining. To help you get out on the slopes before the early birds, a private elevator opens directly onto a dedicated ski room. Otherwise, you can relax and enjoy the panoramic mountain vistas from your personal slice of ski heaven.
Suits you if: you like luxury that is truly out of the ordinary
Price: €25 000
Surely this suite cant be beaten on service and facilities? Read on to find out who exceeds even this high standard of luxury...
2. Penthouse Suite, Hotel Martinez CannesThe Penthouse Suite is the epitome of old-school glamour: this 4-bedroom suite is characterised by its marble bathrooms and elegant Art-Deco décor, which invites visitors to relax and enjoy the spacious, beautiful surroundings. Facilities include jacuzzi, sauna and hammams, as well as the services of a private butler. The central attraction of this amazing apartment is the private 290sqm terrace. This offers incomparable views over the Bay of Cannes that very few are privileged to enjoy, and explains why this suite is in such demand among the glitterati that descend on the French Riviera every summer.
Suits you if: you want to live a truly film star lifestyle
Price: circa €28 450
How could suites possibly get more expensive? The last suite beats them all...
1. Royal Penthouse, Hotel President Wilson GenevaThis suite is so ridiculously luxurious that it makes all the others pale in comparison. No less than 12 bedrooms welcome weary travellers, who can enjoy an extraordinary 360° view of the lake and mountains since the suite occupies the entire 8th floor of the hotel. Guests enjoy an exceptional amount of space, including a 1680 m² panoramic terrace, and the lake views can be appreciated in every single room. Full boardroom facilities and bulletproof glass ensure its fit for heads of state, while the Hermès toiletries, Steinway grand piano, enormous Bang & Olufsen TV and iconic art collection ensure that from the small details to the large, this suite is truly out of this world.
Suits you if: you are a president, or want to fake it until you make it
Price: a cool 60000 CHF per night
But you do get 12 bedrooms, a butler, a chef and a private elevator for your money.